May 24, 2010

Finding out I was pregnant the first time.

Here is an excerpt I wrote on a forum back when I found out I was pregnant the first time.

"I had just about given up when I got my BFP (Big Fat Positive) this month!! After 9 months of trying, and struggling we are finally pregnant! We had to take Clomid because of my PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome), and after 3 cycles of it, I just didn't think it was going to happen for us! But here we are!

I went to the doctor yesterday and had blood work done. It was confirmed this morning!

I told my parents last night. I gave my dad and mom a wrapped present. Dad's was a baby bib that said "I love my grandpa" and Mom's was a pink t-shirt I made her that said in blue camo print font "Sexy Grandma". My dad almost cried when he saw it. He then snuck out of the room while my mom and I were talking about it and showed everyone! Then he called my aunt and my grandma before I could ask him to keep it quiet for a few months. But he was so excited I let it go. Tonight we're telling my Mother-in-law with a tote bag that says "Awesome Grandma" on it. And here's the pic of the test!


It's faint but there. AF was expected tomorrow."

It's hard to believe that in early September last year I was just finding out I was pregnant. I was so excited, and while I was cautious as I knew my aunt had 8 miscarriages, I think I was still in that mindset that 'it won't happen to me'. It's so difficult for me to see my innocence, and wish that I still had that blind faith. I was so happy, and inside I was pleased that my family, especially my dad, was so excited about my baby that he told everyone even though I was only 4 weeks at the time. None of us expected what was coming, but that's another post.

For now I'll just say that telling my husband, and my family that I was pregnant was truly one of the happiest times of my life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations